For our instructional build, we’ll be using one of our 170-point Mini Breadboards.
1) Install the NE555P Timer DIP-8 IC
2) Connect Pins 2 & 6
I’ve also extended Pin 1 so it can easily be connected to ground a little later.
3) Install 0.001uF capacitor between pin 2/6 connection and ground.
4) Install 0.01uF capacitor between pin 5 and ground.
5) Install 1K-Ohm resistor between pins 7 & 8 and connect pins 4 & 8 together
6) Install potentiometer between pins 6 & 7.
7) Connect 9V Battery Connector to + and – connection points, but don’t connect the battery yet
8) Last, connect the speaker to pin 3 and the ground
Now simply attach the 9V battery and you should hear the oscillations. Turn the dial on the potentiometer and the frequency should raise and lower depending on which direction you turn it.
And there you have it! Now you can have fun annoying those around you.